Yesterday marked Ember's six month birthday. It's hard to believe that half a year has gone by already; time flies when you're having fun. And yet, I can't believe it's only been six months; it's hard to imagine life without our chubby cheeked strawberry.
Much has happened over the course of the past month: Ember has mastered sitting up on her own, said her first words, tasted pureed food and despised it, while enjoying two more travelling adventures. She weighs in at 14 lbs, 10 oz making her a lightweight, but that bubbly personality of hers has her fighting in a different class.
I continue to be impressed by her. She is confident, trusting, curious and brave. Oh and let's not forget determined. Or out going. The nature versus nurture debate rages on, as I wonder where she gets it all from.
- babbling, dancing and singing - la la la la
- rocking back and forth on her hands and knees
- all things Eric Carle and Margaret Wise Brown
- sitting in her high chair - the world is so exciting from that vantage point
- sippy cups
- the way her feet taste
- rice cereal and other pureed foods - yuck!