Tuesday, April 6, 2010

March - the Good, the Bad and the Annoying

The Good - Our first family vacation to Vancouver. It was an absolute joy. Ember was unbelievably well behaved and a delight to introduce to all our family and friends. Andrew and I basked in escaping the dumpy Alberta winter for spring's glories of cherry blossoms and magnolia trees.

The Bad - My first cold as a mum. I don't get sick often and I found it pretty rough when I was in the thick of it. Ember was going through something at the same time, be it the beginning of teething or a small cold of her own... whatever it was she was waking up every hour and a half for several nights. Poor sleep and no meds allowed (since I'm nursing) make for a grumpy mama. That cold was going nowhere fast and I felt perfectly justified in complaining about it to my husband who was getting a solid 8 hours of sleep every night. In fact, I'm still not 100%.

The Annoying - My laptop died. Lights out. Gonzo. Kapput. The vessel which contains all photos of Ember and details of our life has died. I realize the bulk of it is retrievable however I'm mourning my loss. It's extremely difficult to set up a new computer just to my liking after everything had been so perfectly established. And that's why I've been MIA. However, I now have a new computer all to myself and I'm slowly getting it "just right".

I'll be posting oodles this week, featuring lots of pictures of Miss Ember from our Vancouver trip right up to Easter in her adorable dress (thank you Grauntie Nedra!!). Bear with me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment