Thursday, February 18, 2010

I heart Thursdays!!

My husband is a manager in a retail lumber store so that means he doesn't have an 8 - 5 job. For the most part that stinks, but each Thursday he works 12 - 9 and it has become a true gift. A few weeks ago, it was decided that every Thursday morning would be daddy-daughter time. That equals a morning off for me! In my Thursdays to date, I've gotten a haircut, a pedicure, laid in bed reading, but this morning was the best so far.

Today I went shoe shopping!!! On a mission for a new pair of kicks for our trip to Vancouver next month, I took myself to gravity pope. Ah, I love it there. I came home with a new pair of Converse.
Oh how I love trips out by myself. I don't have to worry about pulling the carseat out, unloading the stroller AND I don't have to carry a diaper bag. It's so lovely to carry a purse - it feels so small and light now comparatively. Though I really don't hate my diaper bag, which when out with Ember, does double duty as my purse.
My time alone comes to and end around 11:45 am. Fine by me. Honestly, by then I'm usually missing Ember. Driving home this morning, I was a little sad that I missed seeing her big smile that greets me when she sees me for the first time every morning. But it makes me happy that, at least once a week, Andrew is treated to it.

1 comment:

  1. Thursday mornings sound like such a treat! One thing that I really missed when Ben was tiny was brunch out with girlfriends in a totally unfriendly baby type of joint. Keep up your fun posts!

    ReplyDelete