Friday, September 17, 2010

The Power of a Latte

There are oodles of songs outside my choice music genre about the power of love and they're swell. But today, I've been thinking about the power of the a latte. Vanilla bean, hazelnut, pumpkin spice: they're all good and equally powerful.

Yesterday was a trying day with my ball of energy. Despite being really tired, she wouldn't settle for a nap. I have a cold coming on, I can feel it in my throat, so I really wanted those few hours this afternoon to nap myself. For hours I tried to get Ember to snooze but she wasn't having any of it. At 3:30, I aborted the mission and hoped for an earlier bedtime.

After a few errands this evening, Ember began her tell tale 'eye wipes' at 6:30. Hurrah! I pounced and began the bedtime routine. Unfortunately, it wasn't that easy. The girl was overtired, feisty and took a lot of rocking to settle down. After a day like yesterday, this very well could have been the proverbial straw, but you know I was calm, cool, collected and patient.

Wanna know why? There was a latte waiting for me on the kitchen island.

That's all. It was that simple.

A latte. One glorious latte.

That hot beverage can completely alter the landscape of my day. I'm thankful for its power and I bow before it. Someone should totally write a song about the latte; I'd buy that album.

What do you think someone should write an ode to? What helps you maintain sanity on the harder days?

No comments:

Post a Comment