Thursday, May 13, 2010

Finding Balance



I've always been determined to continue being a wife in the face of mummyhood. Far too often I feel, women let the role of wife fall by the wayside while they focus on being a mum. I swore I wouldn't be that woman. What I wasn't aware of, of how tricky navigating the roles can be in achieving the balance.

When Andrew and I do find ourselves without the company of Ember, I have a heck of a time shutting the Mum switch off. If Ember's down for the night, I feel I should take advantage of the time to fold laundry, stuff diapers or tidy the kitchen. There are nights, where I'm worn out, feel frumpy and can't ignore the fuzz on my teeth to feel the slightest bit like a lady.

Thankfully Andrew and I have a fantastic line of communication and he understands where I'm coming from. I'm still head over heels in love with my man and I'm proud to be his wife. It's not a role I'm willing to slough off. But there are days when the dried spit up on my back wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment